Overview of Instagram Global Outage
On March 19th, 2021, Instagram experienced a global outage that affected millions of users worldwide. The social media platform was down for several hours, causing panic amongst its user base. People took to Twitter to express their frustration and anxiety while the company scrambled to resolve the issue. The cause of the outage was initially unclear but later attributed to a technical glitch on Instagram’s end. The app failed to load images and refresh feeds, making it impossible for users to access their accounts or post new content.
How to Protect Your Instagram Account Going Forward
In the wake of the recent global outage that left Instagram users unable to access their accounts, it’s important to take steps to protect your account going forward. Here are some tips for keeping your Instagram back up account secure:
- Strong And Unique Password : Firstly, make sure you have a strong and unique password. Avoid using common phrases or easily guessable information such as your name or birthdate. Use a combination of letters, numbers, and symbols.
- Enable Two-factor Authentication : Secondly, enable two-factor authentication on your account. This adds an extra layer of security by requiring a code sent via text message or email in addition to your password when logging in from an unfamiliar device.
- Checking Your Login Activity : Another way to protect your account is by regularly checking your login activity and revoking access from any suspicious devices or locations.
- Phishing Scams : Be wary of phishing scams where hackers try to trick you into giving them access to your account through fake emails or websites. Always double-check URLs before entering any login information.
By taking these simple precautions, you can help ensure that future disruptions won’t compromise the safety and security of your Instagram account.
Backing Up Your Photos, Videos and Stories
One of the most important things you can do to protect your Instagram back up after a global outage is to back up your photos, videos, and stories. This will ensure that even if there is another disruption in the future, you won’t lose any of your valuable content.
- Download All Data : Thankfully, backing up your Instagram data is quite easy. The first thing you should do is download all of your photos and videos from Instagram onto a separate device or cloud storage service. You can use tools like Instaport or 4K Stogram to help with this process.
- Save Copies Of All Of Your Instagram Stories : In addition to downloading your media files, it’s also a good idea to save copies of all of your Instagram stories as well. To do this, simply go into each individual story and tap on the three dots at the bottom right corner. From there, select “Save” and choose whether you want to save it as an image or video file.
Important Considerations For Businesses Using Instagram
For businesses, Instagram can be a powerful platform for building brand awareness and connecting with customers. However, the recent global outage serves as a reminder of the importance of having backup plans in place to protect your account and content.
- Multiple Administrators For Their Account : One important consideration for businesses using Instagram is to have multiple administrators for their account. This ensures that if one person is unable to access the account, there are others who can step in and manage it.
- Regularly Backup All Content : Another consideration is to regularly back up all content on the platform, including photos, videos and stories. This can be done manually or through third-party apps that offer automatic backups.
- Keep Track Of Any Changes Instagram : Businesses should keep track of any changes Instagram makes to its algorithms or policies that may affect their reach or engagement on the platform. Staying informed allows you to adjust your strategy accordingly and continue effectively reaching your audience.
While the recent Instagram global outage may have caused panic and frustration amongst users, it is important to take measures to protect your account from future disruptions. By backing up your photos, videos and stories and implementing some basic security tips, you can ensure that your account remains secure.